Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Exceptional Saturday

The county we live in hosted a fantastic event this past Saturday called Exceptional Saturday. It was held at the local high school. There were snacks,


crafts,





and resource tables. (Sorry no pictures of the resource tables...I was too busy grabbing all the great information)

The entire event was free and there were tons of volunteers helping the kids with their crafts and just there to make the day enjoyable. The entire event was AWESOME, but the highlight for ME was a project called: Take me Home. The Sheriff's Department was there with their camera and a page form to be filled out by the parents (if they wanted which I did). They snapped a couple pictures of Little Miss and entered our contact information into their computer data base.


The idea is that if M ever gets lost they will know how to find us. I'd never heard of a program like this before, but I think it's a pretty genius idea. I pray that this program will never EVER be needed, but I'm thankful that it exists. I know a lot of the families I follow and I personally seek out available resources, no matter how obscure. I never thought to ask our local Sheriff's department about anything like the Take Me Home project. Does your city or county offer something like the Take me Home Project.

4 comments:

Zoey's Mom, Heather said...

Sending you all love. Awestruck on how big the boys are and M, well she is just a little lady these days!

Thinking of you as you are missing your best friend. Hoping the days and months pass quickly.

Cammie Heflin said...

Love it!

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a fun day! Praying for all of you and for the Lord's protection:)

Jessica said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!!!!!!