Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Heart Days and Sad "See You Laters"

Yesterday was Little Miss's Happy Heart Day. Her special day was overshadowed in expectation of today. On Jan 26, 2009 she had open heart surgery. She's a warrior, a survivor, and has beat the odds that are stacked against her. We love this little girl and couldn't imagine our lives without her in it.
At 4 months old she went from this...


to this in 2012 (yay we're SUPER blessed)...


However today, we're entering a new chapter...


We have to say goodbye for a little while to the very bestest playground player!


The littles are always happy to see him walk through the door at the end of the day, their wait is gonna be a lot longer in this chapter.


Please keep the kiddos and their Daddy (my best friend) in your prayers. This will be our 4th, Marissa's 2nd, and the boys 1st "see you later" so the littles don't understand what is happening and I don't think Daddy realizes how much he'll be missed.



We love you and miss you so very fiercely!! Our hearts are incomplete with you being gone.

11 comments:

Kristen's mom said...

Oh I didn't even know this was coming. I know how hard it is for my daughter and my niece having their husbands gone, but I always say it is nothing compared to the ones who have to leave children. I will so be thinking of you and your family.

Becca said...

Oh, I'm so sorry he has to leave. :-( That's got to be really hard.

Happy Heart Day, though!! That photo in the hospital just made my heart skip a beat - I always think I've put it all behind us until I see a reminder, and it brings it all back. But our girls are thriving today, right? It's a reminder of how amazing modern medicine is to allow them to have full and happy and healthy lives. :-)

Rochelle said...

Holding you guys extra close in prayer, I know how hard it is when Jason is gone for just a week when he goes to England.

Zoey's Mom, Heather said...

Keeping you and your precious, precious family close in prayer. thank you for the sacrifice, the commitment to and for freedom. Thank you for lending us your best friend. I wish we had the proper way to convey our gratitude. I will say it in the silence of my heart.

Happy Heart Day to your warrior girl ... I remember it like it was yesterday. A new beginning. A second chance. A rebirth.

And yes, start running, in your spare time ... temporary single parent that you are, says I!

my family said...

happy heart day sweet love. We will keep you and your family in our prayers for a safe and quick return

I thank your husband for his service.

Michelle said...

Happy heart Day!!

Sorry hubby/daddy has to leave for a longer time this time :( Those 'see you laters' are so tough on everyone! Praying the time passes quickly for you guys!

Anna said...

This post made my heart ache for you and your littles. We take these things for granted I am afraid.
(Id love to get together for a knit/ play date) not sure how much knitting would actually get done though!

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

Happy Heart Day!!!! She sure has come a long way! Adorable photo too!

Hugs to you and I'll pray to keep him safe. You are an amazing and strong mom, wife and woman!!!!

Anna said...

thank you for your comment today, you asked about dance classes- Lil G takes classes in downtown Pensacola at Dorothys Dance plus studio. Moy oldest daughter took dance with Dorothy Lister all her dancing years. Its odd to be going back with a new lil one.

Laura said...

Happy heart day! I'm sad to read that your husband is deployed. I'll be thinking for you and praying that the time without him passes quickly!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my friend, I am praying for everyone. I can't even imagine. Truly, I will be on my knees:)

I know you must look at your sweet girl and see Jesus' face every day...she is truly a miracle isn't she?