Saturday, July 9, 2011

Produce Bag Anyone?

Little Miss will be turning 3 in just a couple of months. And what I was hoping to be a simple transition from IFSP to IEP has turned into a little bit more of a song and dance.

Turns out we came up on orders and will be moving to a completely new state, new county, new district, new teachers, and so on. But somewhere in all the planning, I wanted to find a special way to say thank you to all the fabulous people that have been with us thus far and helped M learn and grow.

I made the bags, Bradley made the labels, and they labels we printed on a page that Little Miss colored with her own little hands.

The label reads: "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."–Forest E. Witcraft





So the bags are done, any suggestions on what to fill them with? I'm thinking homemade bread...Little Miss could even help me bake them. I need 32 "somethings" to fill the bags with...

6 comments:

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

You are much too creative! Love the idea and I think bread is a great idea to put in them. You could also maybe do some fresh fruit or something along those lines if baking that many loaves would be too much.

So where are you moving and when?

Melissa said...

I can't imagine moving in the middle of the IEP transition. Good luck!

Kim Rees said...

Love the bags Patti! I'm sure the goodies inside will be delicious too! Wow! You guys will be moving even further away from Ohio! :0( I pray that everything goes smoothly with Little Miss and the IEP transitioning. ((HUGS))

Ilisa Ailts said...

Wow you are so motivated, with 3 kids?! I'm impressed and I bet you felt great giving those :) Good luck with the move...

my family said...

love the bags. Praying for smooth transition. Where are you all goin?:(

Gabriel's mom said...

I love the bags! I think the bread idea is simply LOVELY!