Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Solids

The boys are now 7 months old and starting solids. They've been exclusively breast fed (with a bottle here & there) until now. I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with nursing for so long, with twins no less. Little Miss nursed until she was 18 months old simply because I couldn't get her to drink from a cup. With all the reading I'd done I knew that nursing twins would be a struggle so my plan was to take it 1 day at a time. 1 day has turned into 7 months and counting... Well anyway...onto the pictures.

Brayden is doing a fantastic job of trying to self-feed. Although he manages to get more on his body than into his mouth. That's probably why he's so skinny.


And then there's Big Ben (he's the baby of the family, but bigger than Baby Bray)... Ben's not much of a fan of eating, unless fresh peaches are on the menu.


M has been enjoying eating treats that turn little mouths blue and being chased after by her incredibly hilarious and fun Daddy!


We've been to the park a time or two. I think we may need to consider official playground testers as a career field. ;-)


And of course summer fun means lots of water play. I have to add, we recently bought a pool so Little Miss can swim. Holy Toledo, this little girl is a FISH. She has no fear in the water (scary for me). We've had the pool about 2 weeks now and she's already trying to float on her back and kick her little legs. This little girl...she's simply amazing.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe they are 7 months already! How great that you've beena ble to nurse them for so long!

Shannon said...

first of all, way to go on the 7 months! I was only able to do one month with my boys. And secondly, my bigger twin is my younger one, and one of my twins is Breiden :).

Twilson9608 said...

You have beautiful children! Your boys, have amazing blue eyes too! You mention that your daughter wouldn't drink from a cup. Was she only breast fed as well? My youngest, who has Ds, also wont drink from a bottle, sippy or reg. cup. She puts food in her mouth and up until recently she would do all of the motions of eating but then she would spit it all out. She is on a lot of medications which we believe has something to do with her not wanting to eat, but I was curious of your situation. Vada is now almost 16 months old and is offered all kinds of foods, but is basically only breast fed.

Ilisa Ailts said...

way to go! awesome and hard job and you have every right to flaunt it :)