Saturday, November 6, 2010

Our New Additions

Introducing Brayden Lee (6.0lbs, 20.5 in., born at 8:20am) and Benjamin Carl (5.9lbs, 20 in., 8:21am)


One Nov 2, Bradley and I drove to the hospital to have our scheduled C-section. The night before my scheduled section with Peanut, my water broke and she came into the world a little earlier than her scheduled time. So, I was a nervous wreck that we would repeat this on Monday night however none of that happened and we went in as planned. Everything went pretty smoothly upon our arrival and we met the boys at 8:20 and 8:21am.


Baby A/Brayden had Apgar scores of 8 and 9 and Baby B/Benjamin had scores for 6 and 8. Baby B was taken to the NICU because his breathing was faster than they were comfortable with however by the time he made it to the NICU his breathing was improving, so they monitored him for another 4 hours and he was returned to us and hasn't had any complications since.



I've been worried sick over M and how she will feel when she is no longer the center of it all. Although the first meeting wasn't fantastic, since we've been home M has been nothing but excited, interested, and just an amazing big sister. I highly suspect God has been playing a role in the ease of transition so thanks for all the prayers everyone!


Can you spot Peanut waiting to hold the baby?


Little Miss loves to hug, hold, and kiss her brothers.



We are now a family of 5! There are sleepless nights, the house looks like a tornado rolled through, and my body still aches from the c-section, but our life is amazingly perfect. M loves her Big Sister role, Bradley is doing everything he possibly can to keep me from doing too much, and just being there when anything is needed. We are blessed, so very blessed indeed. Thank you, again, to everyone for all the prayers and support.



Here's Bradley with Brayden and Benjamin...

and Bradley with Marissa? Notice a trend?


Yep, I truly did worry over nothing. God's plan is perfect even when we aren't entirely sure what he was thinking...

18 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The boys are so cute.

Ilisa Ailts said...

Congratulations! So exciting and adorable!

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

Congratulations!!!! They are just adorable! Thank you also for sharing how M is handling it all. I am a little less nervous about Sweet Pea in 3 months than I was before reading this. Please keep us posted on how she does...the good and the bad.

Congratulations again! Heal quickly and love those new little boys with all your heart! Oh, and try to get a little sleep too!

Denise said...

Beautiful babies!! I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations!! Praying that the days stay smooth for you. I know there will be some bumps but I have no doubt that you will be able to handle them. Enjoy every minute!! I was laughing when I saw that picture of M holding the baby..all I could think of was that Ella would probably just push him right off her lap!!

Runningmama said...

Congratulations on your two beautiful baby boys!

Rochelle said...

Congratulations again. They are beautifully handsome. The picture of the 5 of you is wonderful. Will continue to pray for your recovery and for everyone's transition.

Susanna said...

As a mother of almost-4-year-old twin boys, CONGRATULATIONS! You have lots of fun ahead of you!

Zoey's mom said...

You are so blessed.the boys are beautiful and I had no doubt Miss Marissa would embrace her new role as big sister!Rest.Snuggle those babies and watch God's perfect plan unfold before you.


*I just love the pictures with Bradley and the babies ... Marissa's was especially darling!Bright eyed an ready to take on the world and hasn't stopped since, from what I can tell!

stephanie said...

Oh, they are beautiful!!! Congratulations!

Try not to over due it!!! Take it easy.

That last picture is awesome. This is what life is all about. Inhale every bit of it.

Pam said...

Congratulations...they are beautiful!

Kelli said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful.

EN said...

What a beautiful family! Your house will be filled with fun. Those little boys are so blessed to grow up with such a fantastic big sister. Congratulations on your new role, Marissa! I know you'll rock as a big sister!

Michelle said...

oh congratulations! I can't believe your twins are here already - weren't you just announcing your pregnancy!? :) They are precious, precious babies ... and look so teeny tiny in the pack-n-play and sleeping in the bed with their daddy! Pics w/big sister are adorable!

Jessica said...

I just love your picture of 5!! And the one with Marissa "holding" a baby. Too cute!! You are going to be a FANTASTIC Mom to three kids :-)

Kelly said...

Yay....Congratulations!!! The boys are absolutely ADORABLE!! And I am sure M is going to be the best big sister. I just LOVED the pic of her holding her baby brother=)

Take it easy and simply ENJOY!!!

PJM and LSM said...

Congratulations! They are adorable! Such a beautiful family!!!! Enjoy the loving! And just email me if you need coffee! I hear twins can make you twice as tired as one newborn. God bless you!!!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I am so thankful to hear that everyone is healthy and doing well!!! Congratulations and many blessings on your precious family.

Tracy said...

Well I guess I am really late to the party! Congratulations on the boys! They are beauties! And I adore the pic of Miss M wrapped in her daddy's arms...sounds like she's a super big sister! I'm going to go catch up on what else I've been missing! Happy New Year!!!