Sunday, September 6, 2009

The wrong idea? Who me?!?

So, I had a little rant the other day about this whole mess with insurance. I am still frustrated with the system, but I'm regretting that I believe I'm turning into quite the complainer. Truth be told, Marissa (and my life as a whole) makes me very happy. She does something fun or silly everyday and there's just no way I would have life any other way. Yep, there's some struggles along the way, but who doesn't have their own little monsters hiding in a closet somewhere. Basically, we've all got something we are dealing with, Marissa's is just a little more visible to everyone else. But with prayer and faith she'll succeed just like the rest of us do. God created her in HIS perfect image after all. And although people with Down Syndrome have bad days just like the rest of us, it seems to me that they have a little bit better grip on treating others with kindness, being sincere, and generally loving life beyond what typical society appreciates. The more I read about Down Syndrome and the more I learn about Marissa I seem to think it's us that have the wrong idea about life.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Kim Rees said...

You are so right about people's perceptions of life. Marisa is so lucky to have you on her side. You are such a wonderful advocate. Every time I see all the effort and time you take with her I am jealous because I feel like I should be doing the same with Lily. I wish more people out there could see all the good things about Ds like we do because the world would be a much better place.

Perplexing Situation said...

Oh Kim, don't be silly. You are the perfect mom to Lilliana & Gwynny. They couldn't have asked for a better mom on their side. :-)

Jessica said...

You BOTH are fantastic Moms, PERIOD!!
God knew what He was doing when He chose you both to be their Mom's!! :)
~God Bless~