Sunday, September 20, 2009

Guess whose 1 on 9/21?!?

Happy Birthday to Marissa Joy!



Marissa has had quite a year! Some of her accomplishments (aside from being the cutest red headed baby ever) include: 4 little teeth, learning to say a variety of consonant vowel sounds (mama & dada are high on that list), rolling over, and sitting up independently. Within the last couple of weeks she's learned how to put items into buckets, place balls onto a spiral ramp, and a very low crawl. She's a great little eater and will try pretty much anything I put in front of her. I've found her favorite vegetable to be spinach and blueberries and apple sauce are strong competitors for the fruit category. She's still nursing throughout the day because my stubborn little girl is still refusing a cup. She'll get there though, I'm confident of that.

Overall, the Lord has blessed us with little Marissa. She's a lovely little girl, to say the least, and I'm thankful just for knowing her and for being so very blessed by all the wonderful people we have met because of her.

Thank you to all our friends and family that have made this last year unbelievably special. Thank you for your words of encouragement and prayers and kindheartedness. We love you all!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

8 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

Happy Birthday Marissa!

sara p said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sara p said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy MaRiSsA!!!! what wonderful things you have done so far:) your family is so very lucky to have such a special little girl:)

Holly S. said...

Happy Birthday, Marisa! What a blessing you are!

Aunt Christine said...

Happy Birthday Marissa!!! You are such a blessing! I love my niece!! =)

My name is Sarah said...

Oh Marissa is so cute. I love her dress and I see her fancy little shoes peeking out. Happy 1st Birthday sweet girl:)

stephanie said...

Hello there, first Happy first birthday Marissa, you are beautiful.
Next, I am so happy you found my blog! Our girls are only one month apart, that's so cool.Sounds like Marissa is doing great. I love that red hair. I will be following , for sure!

Ria said...

Happy 1st birthday! You are a darling!! So much has been accomplished by you in this first year and I'm sure you will continue to surprise and awe us in the many years ahead.